Ascites is a collection of fluid in abdominal cavity
Common causes of Ascites are
- Liver failure
- Peritoneal malignancy
- Heart failure
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Confirmed by Ultrasonography.
- Underlying etiology is diagnosed by various tests such as
- CECT abdomen
- Peritoneal biopsy
- Ascites fluid evaluation
- AFB and TB culture
Management depends upon the underlying cause.
- Ascites in a patient with chronic liver disease is an indicator of advanced diseases, these patients are treated with diuretics and salt restriction, and many of these patients are candidate for liver transplantation.
- Infection of Ascites in liver disease patients is defined as Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis (SBP), and is treated by IV antibiotics, albumin followed by oral antibiotics. Patients with SBP are the candidates for liver transplantation.
- Tubercular Ascites is treated by ATT
- Malignant Ascites requires chemotherapy
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.