Cirrhosis is the disease of liver characterized by hardening and fibrosis of liver.
Causes of Cirrhosis are
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease (Which occurs mostly in overweight individuals).
- Wilson disease
- Autoimmune hepatitis
Symptoms of Cirrhosis are
- Individuals with cirrhosis may be totally asymptomatic, and diagnosed on imaging on blood tests
- Weakness and fatigue
- Fluid in abdomen (ascites) and swelling of feet (pedal edema)
- Vomiting of blood
- Black stool
- Altered behavior or unconsciousness
- Decreased urine output
Cirrhosis is suspected in the patients with above mentioned symptoms, and is confirmed by following investigations
- Liver Biopsy
- CT scan and MRI
Treatment of Cirrhosis includes
- Management of complications
- Diet rich in calories and protein for the nutritional build up
- Diuretics and salt restriction for fluid overload
- Beta blockers, Endoscopy and banding for variceal bleed
- Laxatives and L-ornithine L-Aspartate in patients with hepatic encephalopathy
- Liver transplant may be only options in patients with advanced liver disease
- Reversal of disease with the treatment of underlying etiology
- Stopping alcohol
- Antiviral for Hepatitis B and C
- Steroids for autoimmune Hepatitis
- Copper chelation for Wilson disease
- Iron chelation for Hemochromatosis
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.