Diarrhoea & constipation
- Diarrhoea is an increase in frequency or decrease in consistency (liquid or semisolid) of stool
- Diarrhoea can be acute (less than 28 days) or chronic
- Acute diarrhea are mostly infectious in origin and are self limiting and are treated by oral and Intravenous fluids, and use of antibiotics and ant parasitic agents in selected cases
- Long standing diarrhoea are caused by diseases of small and large intestine and pancreatic insufficiency
Small intestinal causes of diarrhea
- Celiac disease
- Troipcal sprue
- Giardiaisis and other parasitic infections
- Whipple disease
- Small bowel tuberculosis
- Small bowel Crohn’s disease
- Chronic variable immunodeficiency and other immune deficiencies
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
Large bowel causes of diarrhea
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Microscopic colitis
- Colonic malignancies
- Radiation colitis
- Ischemic colitis
- Pancreatic disorders
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Other causes include excessive secretion due to various endocrinological causes
- Diagnosis requires evaluation of stool, blood tests, endoscopy, colonoscopy and biopsies. Therapy is targeted at specific etiology.
Constipation is decrease in frequency of stool (less than one stool in 3 days) or change form normal stool frequency for a particular individual
Common causes of constipation are
- Slowness of bowel movement
- Diabetes mellitus
- Side effect of certain medications
- Obstructing lesion in colon such as large polyp or malignancy
- Anal fissure
- Evaluation requires blood testing, and colonoscopy and cross sectional imaging and anal manometry
- Treatment is targeted at specific etiology
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.