Gall bladder stone
Gall bladder stones are a common finding on Ultrasonography, predisposing factors are
- Parentral nutrition
- More common in middle aged female
- Medications such as ceftriaxone, and estrogens
- Rapid weight loss
- Diseases of the ileum
- Gall bladder stones may be asymptomatic and incidentally picked on routine Ultrasonography. Common symptoms are
- Pain in upper abdomen
- Stone can pass lower down in bile duct and can lead to fever, jaundice
- Stones can pass down and transiently block pancreatic duct and lead to attack pancreatitis
- Large stone (>3cm) are risk factor for gall bladder cancer
- Trans abdominal Ultrasonography is the best investigation for diagnosis of gall bladder stones,
Endoscopic ultrasonography may be required for detection of very small stones in gal bladder
- Medical therapy is not very effective for gall bladder stones, surgery is the most effective treatment.
- Symptomatic gall bladder stones should be operated,
- Asymptomatic stone can be followed up, with close observation, however gall bladder with large stone (3 cm) should be operated Stone passed out in CBD should be taken out by ERCP
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.