Achalasia is a disease of oesophagus characterized by difficulty in swallowing food or drinking water
What Causes Achalasia Cardia
Achalasia Cardia is caused by impaired relaxation of lower oesophageal sphincter(LES).LES is a sphincter or valve between oesophagus and stomach.LES act as a one way valve,LES opens up,once the patient swallows food or drinking water.In between the meals,LES closes and prevent the upward movement of food or water
Symptoms of Achalasia are
- Dysphagia-Difficulty in swallowing food or drinking water.
- Odynophagia-Pain while swallowing solids or liquids.
- Chest pain-Pain in central part of chest after the meals.
- Weight Loss-Prolonged disease can lead to weight loss and nutritional deficiency.
- Upper GI endoscopy to rule out obstructing lesion
- Barium swallow
- High Resolution Esophageal manometry
- Poem is the new and highly effective treatment for achalasia cardia.Poem is an endoscopic treatment ,during which very careful cutting of tight muscle fibres at GE junction is performed.For POEM procedure,patient is admitted for 48 hours.After POEM procedure,X ray is performed after 24 hours,and liquid diet is started.
- Endoscopic pneumatic balloon dilatation
- Surgery-Lap Heller’s myotomy
- Botulinum injection
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.