Inflammatory bowel Disease
Inflammatory bowel disease is characterized by ulcerations in small or large intestine. Two common inflammatory bowel diseases are Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Ulcerative colitis is disease characterized by ulcerations in large intestine
Common symptoms are
- Blood in stool
- Urgency (patient has to rush to toilet)
- Incontinence (passage of stool in cloths)
- Pain abdomen
- Weight loss
- Diagnosis is confirmed by colonoscopy and biopsy
- Treatment depends upon severity of disease
- Mild disease is treated by Mesalamines
- Moderated and severe disease is treated by Steroids, antimetabolites, and Infliximab
- Severe cases may require surgery
- Crohn’s disease
- Crohn’s disease is characterized by ulceration in small and large bowel.
- Symptoms of Crohn’s disease are
- Pain in umbilical region
- Blood in stool
- Vomiting and upper abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Abdominal lump
Following tests are required for the diagnosis and evaluation of extent of the disease
- Colonoscopy and biopsy
- CT enterography
- Barium study
- Double balloon enteroscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Treatment depends upon the severity and extent of disease
- Mild disease is treated by mesalamine
- Moderate disease is treated by oral steroids and antimetabolites
- Severe disease activity may require steroids, antimetabolites and Infliximab
- Surgery is reserved for severe but localized disease, and stricturing disease
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.