Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP) is a procedure for the treatment of biliary and pancreatic diseases
ERCP is performed by the oral route after sedation. During ERCP, bile duct and pancreatic ducts are evaluated after injection of contrast agent, and various therapeutic procedures can be performed
During ERCP stones can be removed from CBD or pancreatic duct and stents can be placed in CBD for treatment of jaundice and in MPD for pain relief
Indications of ERCP are
- Removal of common bile duct or pancreatic duct stones
- Removal of worm form CBD or pancreatic duct
- Jaundice due to obstruction of bile duct by compression due to lymph node or cancer
- Sphincter of oddi dysfunction
- Biliary ascites due to leakage of bile from bile duct
- Stricture in common bile duct after surgery
- Chronic pancreatitis with stricture in the main pancreatic duct
- Pancreatic ascites because of pancreatic duct fluid leak
- Tumor of gall bladder, ampulla, pancreas and bile duct leading to common bile duct obstruction
- ERCP is a safe procedure in expert hands, and is performed on day care basis, however serious complications like cholangitis, pancreatitis, perforation can occur in 1-3% of cases, which may require longer hospital stay
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.