Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) is consequence of failure of the normal antireflux barrier of the lower esophageal sphincter system Hiatus hernia impairs the function of lower esophageal sphincter and has been implicated as causative factor in patients with severe GERD. Spectrum of GERD varies from mild heartburn with normal endoscopic findings and no esophageal mucosal disease to esophageal ulcerations, bleeding, stricture and dysphagia. Prolonged GERD can lead to Barrett’s esophagus which is risk factor for esophageal dysplasia and cancer
Symptoms of GERD are
- Retrosternal burning pain
- Dysphagia-difficulty in eating
- Odynophagia- pain during eating
- Upper GI bleed
- In patients with classical GERD symptoms, diagnosis is straight forward, and no further testing is
- In patients with severe symptoms such as dysphagia and bleeding, endoscopy is required to establish the
diagnosis and rule out other causes
- Barium swallow, 25 hour pH testing, maonometry are the other tests which are helpful in diagnosis
- Lifestyle modification
- Stopping smoking and alcohol
- Avoiding tight cloths
- Raising head end of bed
- Weight reduction
- Avoiding bed time snacks
- Avoiding Tea/coffee/cola/citrus fruits
- PPI and prokinetic agents are effective medications for control of symptoms
- Fundoplication is the procedure which corrects the physiological processes causing GERD
- Indication of surgery
- Patients doing better on PPI, but want to avoid long term use of medications
- Young patients with recurrent stricture
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.