Chronic Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis C is a virus which leads to chronic hepatitis, and leads to slowly progressive damage of liver, ultimately resulting in cirrhosis and liver cancer
Route and transmission of virus
- Transfusion of contaminated blood products
- Sharing of needle by untrained health care workers
- Sharing of needle amongst drug abusers
- Symptoms depend upon the stage of the disease
- Patient may be totally asymptomatic, diagnosed on screening blood tests
- Patient with chronic hepatitis may complain of fatigue
- Patients with advanced liver disease may complain of ascites (fluid in abdomen), feet swelling, vomiting of blood, change in behavior
Following test are done for diagnosis of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Anti HCV antibody
- HCV RNA, quantitative and qualitative
- Treatment depends upon stage of liver disease and genotype of virus
- Genotype 1 usually requires treatment for 48 weeks with PEG IFN and Ribavarin, Efficacy of treatment is around 50%
- Genotype 2 and 3 are easy to treat, treatment response is 70-90%, and the duration of treatment is 24 weeks
- Response rate in previously non responders has improved with addition of Telaprevir and Boceprevir to the Peg
- Interferon and Ribavarin
- Recently trail for Sofosbuvir and Ribavarin had shown that injection free treatment without side effect will be available in near future
I have come across Dr Vikas post lots of research via internet,going through the various feedbacks& I hope my feedback will help anybody who is in dilemma in selecting right doctor.Without a doubt he is one of the top doctors in GI.
Dr Vikas is one of the wonderful,gentle&talented doctor I have come across,he provides the correct direction &also helps in clearing all the doubts/concerns. Moreover his attendent is also very helpful& will heIp you in all possible way.I am very pleased on the overall experience & highly recommend.Thanks doctor for you wonderful support in all ways.May God bless you more & keep on giving great service !!!
Dr Vikas Singla and team is a very good, nice and soft spoken today 22 Feb we attend a camp for full lever checkup very good service and well maintained every things we wish a very good luck to Dr Vikas Singla and team (Amit)
The best doctor i ever met. A very cordial person in nature and very talented doctor. He is a good person to talk and have advice. I was suffering from gastritis for last 2 years. I had consulted 2 to 3 doctors but did not see any sign of improvement. I almost lost my hope to get relief from this disorder. I thought this is something I will have to endure with. But doctor Singhla treated it very well with patience and now i am feeling much much better. Thanks DR. Vikas for treating my disorder.
I am at loss for words in describing Dr Singla’s dedication towards his patients. Last month my father was treated by him for gastric polyps. His forte lies in listening to the patients and putting across the problem in a comprehensive manner. He was also very prompt in diagnosing the problem and comping up with the solution which speaks for his experience and expertise in his field. By God’s grace and through his treatment my dad is recovering. I value his professional opinion and will forever remain grateful to him. He surely is the best Gastroenterology in North India.
Best and thorough The one who is incredible in doing hard and difficult procedures With smiling face and human touch Proud of U dear teacher.