Pancreatic pseudocysts are collections of leaked pancreatic fluids. They may form next to the pancreas during pancreatitis.
- Stomach Pain: This may go around to you back.
- Swollen Belly
- Nausea and Vomiting
- An abdominal mass detected on physical exam
- Pancreas injury or trauma
- Pancreas infection
- Pancreas tumor
- High levels of calcium in your blood
- Very high levels of blood fats (cholesterol)
- Pancreatic damage from medicines
- Autoimmune Disease
- Conditions that run in your family that harm the pancrease. These include cystic fibrosis.
You may have a higher risk for pseudocysts if you have a health issue that can cause pancreatitis. These include gallstones. You may be able to decrease your risk by treating your health condition. Drinking less alcohol may also lower your risk.